Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ramblings

I've really got nothing but ramblings for this post. I feel like it's been a while since I updated...I'm to lazy to look to see what my last post was about, but I'm sure it was something depressing. So I am going to open this post with something happy!

Today, my little Brynna rolled onto her belly and lifted her head high up in the air. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting for her to do this. I think the little stinker just knew we all wanted her to do it, so she decided to make us sweat it out a little.
So, there she is...my little Brynna Boo ( as Alana and I affectionately refer to her). She was watching Alana color in this picture. She does love her big sister. If she's crying and I can't go to her right away I will often send in my little "helper" to assess the situation. Alana will go over and say "What's wrong Benna Boo?!" or "What doin Benna Boo?!"

Which brings me to my next ramble.....how the heck to nicknames start? In my experience, at least, they have been completely random. When I was pregnant with Alana I thought for sure we would call her Lainey all the time. I never call her Lainey...really ever. If I don't call her Alana, it's usually Lana or Lane and sometimes the occasional Lana Loo Who. But really, why on earth are those the nicknames that have stuck?! I know this is random...but it's 1:30 in the morning and everyone else in the house is sleeping, and here I am...wide awake! 

Which brings me to the next ramble..... I cannot sleep!! First I have trouble falling asleep and then if I do fall asleep I wake often. I mean seriously, why can't I sleep. I do not nap, and if I do manage to get both girls to nap at the same time and sneak a little snooze, it is rare and only like 20 minutes. Which would not affect sleep at night!! So, I just don't get it at all. It's really just pretty annoying. With all this awake time, I have lots of time to catch up on tv shows. I wish I had projects I could work on or something I could do to be productive, but everything I have to work on would probably create too much noise and wake someone up. I keep debating whether or not to make an appointment to talk to a doctor about that and the depression I still have occasionally, but I fear that they will say the answer will be some kind of medicine. I want to try to avoid as much medicine as I can while I'm nursing...even though the doctor has told me that there are medicines that are safe to take while nursing....I just can't stand the thought of something happening to Brynna as the result of me taking medicine. 

So there ya go, that's all the random ramblings I have for tonight.  

No comments: