Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Fun!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July!! I can't even believe June is already over. Summer is going way too fast. The girls and I decided to make a little dessert to celebrate the 4th. It turned out really good and was perfect for the girls to help with. This is where I got my inspiration.

First, the ingredients:

White chocolate chips ( I used 2 bags and about half from an already opened bag I had)
Pretzels - a couple handfuls
Oreos- I used 12
M&Ms - separate red and blue from the big bag
red and blue sprinkles!


First, I put my pretzels and Oreos in their own ziploc bags. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Then, i let the girls go crazy hitting the pretzels and Oreos with wooden spoons.



They LOVED it!

After the are all crunched up, sprinkle them on your lined cookie sheet. I did pretzels and then Oreos. Melt white chocolate and then pour it over top the pretzel/Oreo mixture.
I forgot to take picture of the sprinkled mixture....so here is a picture of  it half-done.

After you spread the chocolate out a little sprinkle on your M&Ms and red and blue sprinkles. Try pushing the M&Ms into the chocolate a little. I didn't do that with mine, and some of my M&Ms didn't stick as well as I would have liked. After it's all covered put it in the fridge to chill until it hardens. 
YUMMM!!


Now, use a knife to break it into manageable pieces and put into a container or on a pretty tray!
I put mine in a container so I can take it to work with me tonight and tomorrow!!




I had little pieces leftover that were just too small to put in the container, so I put them in a bowl to use as ice cream topping!! I think it will be delicious!!




Hope everyone has a great/yummy 4th of July!! 


No comments: