Monday, February 22, 2010

Nap Time!

It seems like everyday I'm living for nap time! Maybe that's horrible to say, but it is the only 2 hours I get to myself until she goes to bed at night. I can finally get lunch, go to the bathroom by myself, make phone calls, read a book.....oh and do that cleaning thing I'm supposed to do! Alana only takes one nap a day....so I have to make my time count.

We have recently started trying to let Alana put herself to sleep at night and now at nap time. I think deep down I knew she could do it on her own but I was holding on to the wanting her to snuggle with me until she fell asleep. But I am letting go. Last night, she had her bottle, snuggled for a nano second and then told daddy night night (waved) and I put her in her crib. To my surprise she didn't cry as soon as I put her down....she just rolled over and got up on her hands to watch me as I turned on her musical seahorse and walked out of the room. NOT A PEEP!! She had a few little cries now and then, but after probably only 5 minutes she was out for the night! Success!

Now today I was determined to tackle the nap...I've tried it in the past but b/c it's light out and in her room I think it's harder for her to understand that it's time to sleep. But I was determined today! She woke up earlier than normal this morning, so I knew she would want to nap a little earlier....but I wanted her to hold off as long as she could. So we had breakfast, played for a little, and then went to the grocery store. She is always a perfect angel at the store. She just sits in the cart and looks around and waves at people and when I go to the deli they always give her a piece of cheese....which she loves and tries to rip from my hand the minute they give it to me! So, we had a successful trip to the store and came home, she had a bottle and then I changed her diaper and let her snuggle for a minute and then put her in her crib. NOT A PEEP!!! I am astonished! I am really not sure who's baby this is! I think someone came and switched an identical looking baby for mine! She just talked and sang herself to sleep. Not a single cry or whine!!

Anyway, that has been my day thus far. I know......exciting stuff !


I guess I should go be productive around the house while I can!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's awesome! It is amazing how they can do stuff they we aren't sure they are ready for...but I bet she will sleep better now too. She knows how to comfort herself back to sleep. Awesome work!