Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Everywhere!

Well we did get the big snow! I doubted it all week, but sure enough, it really came. It looks like we're supposed to get another 6-10 inches tomorrow, on top of the already 19 inches we got this weekend. I'm not really sure what to think about all that snow. It really doesn't affect my life too much, considering I mostly stay inside with Alana anyway. It's just been too cold to take a baby out lately. Don't get me wrong, I do take her to the store or to walk at the mall if the temperature ever gets above 30....but it's been a while. Alana loves the cold weather though. She thinks it is really funny when the wind blows in her face...she just giggles and giggles.

Alan and I spent most of Saturday taking turns shoveling the walkway and then Alan shoveled the driveway. Needless to say, we are both sore from all the shoveling! Alana got out and "played" in the snow a little. She loved it! I have a feeling next winter I'm not going to be able to keep her inside as much as I have this winter. She is proving to be just like her Daddy and love to play in the snow. I can't wait until she can walk around in the snow with little snow boots, next year.

Speaking of walking, I have a feeling she will be walking before her Birthday! She is becoming so brave lately...she barely holds on when she pulls herself up and has started trying to stand a little on her own. If you hold her fingers she will move her legs and walk like that. She is also becoming quite the climber. For the past couple weeks Alan and I have noticed that she will try to step on toys in her pack n play to get higher. Then yesterday, I moved her pack n play in the kitchen while i was cooking and she tried to climb our to reach my purse that was hanging on the chair! She made pretty good progress too! It's just amazing how fast she is growing and developing!!


No comments: