Monday, February 1, 2010

Time's Flying!



It's been about 4 months since I updated last....I've been a slacker! My friend Michelle recently started a blog and it inspired me to be a better blogger! I read a lot of blogs, but I never feel like anyone would want to read what I have to say like I like to read what other people have to say. Everyone else's blogs seem so fluent and much more put together...but oh well, this is me!

My beautiful baby girl is 10 Months old today!!! I cannot believe it. She is going to be 1 before I know it. That makes me want to cry...literally. I'm not sure if i'll be able to make it through her birthday without sobbing. When they are itty bitty and first born you can't wait for them to develop and grow and be able to do things... and don't get me wrong, I still want her to do new things, but I just wish she could do the new things and still want to do the old things!

I want her to want to be cradled like a baby without squirming to be put down...
I want her to still breastfeed ! ( I know maybe this is a weird thing...especially if you've never had a baby or you've never breastfed...but I really miss the closeness and the feeling that I am the only person that can feed her.)
I want her to still sleep in her bassinet by my bed...
I want her to still fit in those little newborn night gowns...


But on the other hand...she does all these new and wonderful things that brighten my day in other ways!

She now crawls like a pro...
She waves...
She giggles...a lot!...
She says "Momma"...
She says "Dada"...
She pulls herself up to anything and everything...
She pets Cooper...
She says "Baby" when she sees a picture of a baby or herself...
She says "All Done" when she is done eating or when she wants you to hurry up and be done changing her diaper!...
She says "Book"...
She loves to be read to...

I really could go on and on and on! These are just a few I could think of that have already brightened my day and it's not even noon!

Alana's really loves all books, but her favorite book is definitely 5 Little Ladybugs.
She loves to look at it by herself and babble and she will bring it over to you and sit on your lap and just wait for you to read it to her! And don't think you're going to get to read it just once...when you are done the first time she opens it back up for you and waits for you to read it again. Sometimes she says something that could be "again", but it may just be a coincidence. We set a new record this weekend with reading it 5 times in a row...and she probably would have gone longer if I wouldn't have distracted her with another toy.

So that is me... My whole world revolves around one little girl! Sorry Alan, but I know I'm number 2 to you too! ;0)
I'm going to try to update at least once a week....but an hopeful to be able to update more, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!
Hopefully I didn't bore everyone to death!!

No comments: