Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sick Baby/Hungry Baby

So, last week, my little Alana was sick. She was pretty miserable. It started with just a little sniffle the week before, and I thought it was really no big deal because, honestly, it was a tiny tiny sniffle and that was it. But them last Tuesday she just wasn't herself and on a whim I took her temperature. It was 99.9. This is the first time she has ever had a temperature, in her whole 2 years of life! So, I gave her tylenol and called the doctor to see if they would want to see her. To my surprise, they actually did want to see her. Usually when I call they tell me to wait it out. ( I call to get advice a lot, lol) So, off we went. 2 hours after I gave her the tylenol her temperature was 101.3! They diagnosed her with a sinus infection and sent us home with good ol' amoxicillin. She was just down right miserable for the rest of the week. I had to wrestle her to get her to take the medicine, the first couple days. But, now she takes it like a champ!

During the week she did a whole lot of this...


She never ever falls asleep in the living room.....let alone lay down anywhere but her bed! Poor little thing just couldn't take it!!


But, she is feeling 100% better now. She is back to her old crazy self. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brynna tried her first food last night!! She tried sweet potatoes and seemed to really like them. She only ate tiny bit, but I know she'll get the hang of it. 

She was really excited to try it!!

Not really sure what to do with the food in her mouth....

I really really want to not be lazy this time around and make baby food for Brynna. With Alana, I had intentions of making food for her, but then I just never did. I want this time to be different. I really want one of these. But....Alan says he doesn't think we need it. UGH!! lol So, for now, I am going to try to get some silicone ice trays so I can freeze the food I make. I'll try to keep you posted!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So glad your little one is feeling better! Sick kiddos are no fun.

Oh, making baby food is easier than you think! I have a couple posts on my blog about it...you can see them here:
http://www.lovingthelittlethings.com/2011/02/baby-food-parsnips.html

http://www.lovingthelittlethings.com/2011/02/baby-food-basics.html