Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby weight

Having a baby does crazy...and I mean crazy....things to your body. It really is amazing all the things that change or happen after you have a baby that no one likes to mention to you when you are pregnant with your first. It's like a secret society and no one talks about it until you've had the baby. Gaining weight is of course the most obvious and most talked about. Now that my little love bug is almost 3 months old, it is time to get serious about losing the baby weight. I have to admit, with both pregnancies I was able to lose almost all of my pregnancy weight fairly easy. I only gained 25 lbs, or less, with both pregnancies but let's face it, I am not as small as I used to be (before I got married and had children). So, I recently started getting serious about losing the extra poundage and getting into shape. Mostly, I want to do it to be healthy and a good example for my girls....and to just feel better about myself. I am not setting unrealistic goals for myself or really even setting a goal. I just want to eat better (stop eating desserts all day) and to be more active. When the weather is a tad bit nicer, I plan on going to the mall in the mornings and walking. Maybe I'll even join the "Silver Sneakers", lol. I did see a few gray hairs the other day... I have also completed 2 nights of a zumba game I have for the wii. Let me tell you, the first night I did it I was aggravated beyond belief because i just couldn't get the moves down and it really frustrated me. That night, I struggled through some of the tutorial and maybe 10 minutes of an actual routine. Well, the second night I did it!! I did the whole 20 minute routine...and i did it well, If I do say so myself! I was so proud of myself. I know it's just 20 minutes....but that's a lot for me, and I think it's a great start. Hooray for me!!

On a side note: Brynna had her 2 month check-up on Monday. She now weighs 12 lbs and is 23 inches long! When the doctor walked in and saw her laying on the table he said "Well it certainly looks like we have a lot of baby there." So she is growing great. Which makes me sooo happy, because she is exclusively breastfed. Everything else check out good. I was concerned with her neck strength and the Doctor confirmed my concerns and said she is a little delayed in her neck strength but he doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about.  She just has a big head and it's hard for her to hold up on her own, yet. So it is something we will watch and revisit at her 4 month appointment. All in all she is a very normal, healthy little girl. So thankful for that!

No comments: