Friday, January 28, 2011

A lot of things...

Today is Friday!! I am so happy to be able to utter those glorious words! I made it through another week of horrible winter. I am ready for the snow and cold to be gone. It would just make venturing out of the house with a toddler and a little one sooooo much easier if it were a little warmer and not so slushy and gross out. I know, I know....everyone is sick of winter. I just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and let everyone know I am too, just in case someone thought I enjoyed it.

Now that that's off my chest... hehe

Today Is January 28th!!! 3 months ago, today, I had just welcomed my beautiful little Brynna Fern into the world. It's strange to think about. I feel like time is going fast, but at the same time it is hard for me to believe that she is still only 3 months old. I feel like she has been a part of our family forever...it's strange to think about life before she was here. She seems soooo much smaller than Alana was at 3 months. Alana was a really strong and big baby. Brynna was 12 lbs at her 2 month appointment, which is really good. She just seems more delayed than I remember Alana being. And I know...every baby is different and that couldn't be more true with my girls. Alana was wide awake from day one and never seemed to stop and Brynna is way way more mellow and likes to sleep and cuddle. She's more relaxed and just enjoys taking things in from the sidelines. Surprisingly, she is startled very easily. I thought for sure she would be well adjusted to loud toddler screams and crashing toys after listening to it for 9 months, in my belly. But she is my sensitive girl. Every loud crash of blocks or banging of "Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog" on the xylophone startles her. The loud screams of an almost 2 year old seem to be the scariest to my little lady. Most nights, Alana will make loud animal noises while she's being carried out of the bathroom, after her bath. The animal sound usually depends on the towel she is "wearing". She has a duck towel, frog towel, and a lion towel. So, out comes the very loud quacking toddler and then starts the sad lip quiver and pouty lip...followed by very scared cries. It really is quite sad, but I can't help but smile a little at how cute the little pouty lip is. (I know, I'm a horrible mother for thinking that's cute....oh well.)

I do love how different my girls are though. It is nice to have a relaxed baby while dealing with a crazy toddler. She is becoming a little more clingy....but really, who can complain about a clingy baby. I will hold her as much as she wants me to, because I know it wont last long and I may never have another baby, of my own, to snuggle. Brynna still has trouble supporting her head. It is better than before, as she can boldly lift her head off your shoulder when you hold her, but she still wont lift her head off the floor during tummy time. It does still worry me, but I just keep praying that tomorrow will be the day she surprises me and lifts her head up high. I think it worries me the most because we have pictures of Alana at 3 months and she was a pro at holding her head up high while on her belly, and it seems Brynna is so far from that. We'll see what the next month brings us, though. We have our 4 month check-up on March 14th, so we'll see how much she's improved by then.

On an ending note:
My dearest friend is going through really hard times. The kind of times that really really test your faith. It saddens me to see her dear family go through pain and grieving. I want desperately to have the magic words that will make everything better, but I don't think anyone has those magic words. Only time, love and prayers can heal. So, I will do my best to be supportive, loving, that shoulder to cry on and the one to yell at, if need be. I pray for the right words to say to make it a little easier and pray that they will be blessed again...as I know they so desperately want it and deserve it. Lots and Lots of prayers for my dear friends....love you guys!

No comments: