Friday, January 14, 2011

A New Woman!

Well, it's past 1am and here I sit in my bed, online, while everyone else in the house is sleeping. I hate not being able to sleep!! But tonight my reason for not being able to sleep is different than my usual postpartum depression insomnia. Tonight, I can't sleep because I'm excited!! Oh, and I had a medium (which is actually quite large) iced caramel latte, from Dunkin Donuts, around 7:30pm....dumb, I know....but it was oh so good! Anyway, I am excited because I recently joined a group called Mothers and More. It is just a group of Moms that get together for play dates and Mommy nights out and lots of fun stuff. Tonight was our Moms night out and we went to a fabulous place called "Color Me Mine". It's a place you can go and paint on pottery and they fire it for you (I think that's what it's called) and then you can go pick it up and its all pretty and shiny and hand painted! It was so much fun! Fun because, well I just love anything crafty and fun like that and then fun, because I got to hang out with really cool ladies and chat without having to look after a toddler and a newborn. Not that I don't enjoy those things very much, but mommy needs a break sometimes! lol And boy did I ever. I forgot what it was like to actually be a functioning human in society. I never go anywhere without my kids, except for the occasional trip to the grocery store alone or maybe a trip to kohls by myself. There have been a couple times Alan and I have gone to dinner while my parents watched them.....but in the almost 2 years since Alana was born I could probably count those events on one hand. Needless to say, I was in dire need of some time out of the house to socialize with adults, not to mention they are adults that have children and know exactly what I'm going through. It was just fabulous! I am so grateful that Alan pushed me to go out and meet with this group of women and that he is willing to watch the girls for me while I go become a woman again. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be more than just a mommy. I think I've finally found my place in Pittsburgh! Hooray!! Not only has it made me excited to be a woman with friends again, but it really makes me a better mom. I was excited to get home to my little Brynna....who waited patiently for her Mommy to come home so she could eat. And I'm excited for Alana to wake up in the morning so we can play and watch Mickey all day....even if I have to watch the same episode about Buzz Buzz the Bee one hundred times!

Now, I'm going to try to lay down and get some sleep before it is time for my lovebugs to wake up.

No comments: