Thursday, April 21, 2011

An extremely long Blog because I'm behind and have a gazillion things to tell you about... ;)

Do you like that title?! It kind of sums it up. Today, Thursday, is the first day this week I have had time to sit down when both girls are napping and take a breath. So here it goes....here's what's been going on, that I've really wanted to tell you about, but I am just now getting around to it!

Easter Fun:

This past Saturday was a yucky rainy day, so Alan and I decided to make the most of it. We packed up the girls and went to Simmons Farm for an (indoor) Easter Egg hunt / crafting extravaganza! Here are the pictures to document the experience!


Painting her flower pot...she was so proud!


Getting a little help from Mom.

Now she's a pro, only needs a little help holding it still. 


Moved on to coloring


Planting her flower in her freshly painted flower pot!

This picture just melts my heart! She was so proud of her little flower....she's becoming such a big girl!

The Hunt is on!!

She really loved the Easter Egg Hunt. And Alan and I had fun too.....
Oh and Brynna, too!


------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick trip to Sonic:

Brynna needed to eat while we were there, too. So she got to get out of her seat and come up front! She loved it....as you can see! lol

French Fries!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Painting the kitchen:

Alan and I have been talking about re-painting our kitchen for several months now. When we first bought the house it had apple wall paper.....and I HATE wall paper!

So, we took it all down and painted it yellow. But I hated how the yellow turned out. It just was not the yellow I envisioned. So, Alan finally gave into me begging to paint the kitchen and we took the plunge and painted it this past weekend!

Here are some before and after pictures:

Before: Gross yellow.....it's really worse in person....this picture doesn't do it justice.



After: Pretty brown. After looking at them both side by side, I realize the color doesn't look all that different. Trust me, it's a major major difference and improvement! It's now a light, creamy brown color! I love it!! I guess you'll just have to come to my house to see if for yourself, if you want to see the true color! lol


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Curtains!!


Here is a picture of my gross old kitchen curtains....

The front...

The gross faded back. 

These curtains came with the house when we bought it (3 years ago) and to their credit, I have not once taken them down and washed them.... Pretty gross, now that I think about it! lol 

So, we were well overdue for new curtains. And here they are!




Love them!

Where did i buy them, you ask??!! I made them!! I am so proud of them (can you tell?!) I am just so proud that I actually put my mind to making new curtains and I did it! And I think they look pretty darn cute! What do you think? 



--------------------------------------------------------------------

Graduation Time!
(last topic...I swear)


For the past 2 years, every Wednesday, Alan has gone straight to class after work, to get his MBA.
Well, yesterday, April 20th, was his last class.....ever! (as long as he's married to me, he will not be getting any more degrees! hehe Love you honey!) In celebration for his accomplishment, I made some cupcakes for him to share with his classmates. And, of course, I have pictures of them...duh! hehe

Enjoy!
Chocolate cupcakes !

Vanilla icing!

The beginning of the graduation hat decoration. An upside down mini Reese Cup and a square cut from a Hershey bar. This is where I got my inspiration. That "recipe" called for a square mint to go on top....but I couldn't find anything that would work, so I bought the big pack of Hershey bars and cut it into a square. 
( you can make enough for 24 cupcakes if you buy the big pack)
P.S. I do realize I still have snowman salt and pepper shapers out....it's April, it's Pennsylvania....it could still snow! lol 

Finished the hats! Used a Fruit by the Foot and cut it to make the little tassel and used an M&M and a dab of icing to attach it to the top of the hat! 


The finished product!! They turned out super cute. I love them!! I told Alan, we need some more people we know to graduate so I can make them again! They were really fun to make, and not nearly as time consuming as I thought they would be. 


My little cake tester!
Yes, I let her lick the spoon...go ahead, judge me.






And since you stuck it out through that incredibly long and random blog, I will leave you with this.....













1 comment:

Megan said...

Whew! That was quite the update! Your pics from the painting and flower planting were precious!

Great job with the curtains and I love the cupcakes! Congrats to your hubby :)